Thursday, September 20, 2012

Chinese Chicken Salad

This recipe we've been making in my family for as long as I can remember, I have no idea where it came from, but I hear that it's a somewhat popular salad. It's super simple, I know I keep saying that, but really, it is. Trust me, this is the recipe for you if you want to wow people with your culinary skills...okay not really, but it's super good.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oil
4 Tablespoons Seasame Seed Oil
10 Tablespoons Rice Vinager
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
Fresh Pepper (to taste)
Fresh Ginger (to taste, I like a lot of ginger flavor so I micro grate about a 2 inch chunk)
Top Roman (chicken flavor) - break apart the top roman into smaller chunks, I will typically break apart before opening package, you want chucks, don't break them up too small, bite size)
2 Small Heads Cabbage - shredded
Green Onions (To taste, I know I hate this term too, but if you like green onions, use a lot, if you    don't use a little, I typically will use 1 bundle ~ about 6-7)
Chicken (cooked and cubed, or shredded, however you want it in your salad)

For the dressing:
Mix the oil, seasame seed oil, rice vinagar, soy sauce, fresh pepper, fresh ginger, chicken flavor packets from top roman

For the Salad:

In a sealable contantainer mix cabbage, green onions, top roman noodles, chicken. Pour salad dressing over mixture, mix well. Let sit over night. Stir a few times. If you can turn the container over and let sit upside down. If not, then just stir every once in a while (once or twice will do)

Let sit for at least a day. I know the recipe is sort of fly by the seat of your pants, but once you do it once, you're going to realize how easy it is and you'll find yourself making this again and again. Holy run on sentence.

Enjoy!


P.S. Apparently I forgot to take a picture of the chinese chicken salad, it's the salad on the bottom right.

No comments:

Post a Comment