Thursday, February 20, 2014

TBT - House Edition

Before I start - I woke up at 4:25am and thought, thank God it's Saturday, only to realize, hope I have to get out of bed to go to work. Yes you read that correctly, I get up at 4:30am to go to work. Good news, Mini Fox didn't wake up till I woke up, so that's a plus.

Onto throw back Thursday - House Edition: Front and Back

We bought our house as a short sale. We got lucky and the previous offer was okayed by  the bank, and all the t's were crossed and i's dotted, but then their funding fell through, enter us into the equation, we had the same exact offer and they literally crossed out the previous person and wrote our names in.

Our house needed a lot of vision, I mean a LOT. In one spot inside, you could see the following wall colors: Red, Brown, Blue, light purple, dark purple, green, and orange. It was like Rainbow Bright threw up in our house.

That's us 4 years and 5 months ago.


Now when you see that house color behind us, it doesn't look too bad, but let me tell you, it was horrible! It was actually orange. The neighbors called it the pumpkin house.

We considered painting the roof green for Halloween, for like 1.2 seconds.
Here's the back:

  Yep that's a whole lot of orange!

We'll get to the front yard and backyard/pool in another post.

Our first order of business was to paint the house. We got the keys and the very next week we had painters there. The first day of painting, I pull into the driveway and no less then 4 neighbors came out to tell me Thank You for painting the house. Our next door neighbor said that she almost passed her house because she was so used to turning into her driveway next to the orange house. I actually DID pass by our house, oops!


Second order of business was to get water in the pool. Doesn't it already look so much better?

As soon as the water was added, Mr. had to go swimming, the water was freezing but he said "I worked hard to get this pool, I'm going swimming."
After getting a few quotes to get the inside painted, we decided we're going to paint it ourselves and have the rest of the work done by professionals...Which meant that we lived like this for 5 months:

Dining room looking from kitchen

Dining room looking from the other side

Living room, looking from the front door - yes all of our work clothes are on there

Family room

Kitchen/Eating area, standing in the family room
Eating area, standing near the dining room door

The living room, all "moved" in, the movers just left, and let me tell you, we decided to move on one of the hottest days EVER!
 The reason you ask why our clothes are on those hanging racks? Well the upstairs was completely unlivable. I mean, the carpet was supposed to be white, but was actually brownish because it was so dirty, stained from pets (we did get the house professionally cleaned before we moved in, but they can only do so much). We lived in a room downstairs, which I never took a picture of, go figure!


Come back next week, and I'll show you our front and back yards!

4 comments:

  1. wow I can't wait to see the change! I bet it was a challenge but worth it now! =D
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. The people before you must have REALLY liked colors. Like, REALLY REALLY like them haha. I'm loving this post and already dying to see part two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it was really orange, huh? The grey you chose is much nicer :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Those BOXES!!! That is what our house looks like at this very moment and it just makes me want to scream!!! Not to mention, we have to wait 5 weeks or more for our new countertops to be installed so our kitchen is covered in plywood! Gah! You give me hope that I'll live through this!

    -Kate
    www.theflorkens.com

    ReplyDelete