Thursday, October 30, 2014

When Mama is Sick

So this is a funny topic for today, because I happen to be sick. Actually everyone in my family is sick. Baby Fox is just getting over it, Mini Fox was up all night, Mr. is just at day 2ish and I'm starting round #2 with this silly thing...just leave my house already!
 
A picture when we were all healthy, haha
I think we have it pretty good, since I work full time and we have someone to watch the kids, when I get sick I still have them watch the kids, so I can pretty much lay around and do nothing while being sick.  Knock on wood, when I get sick usually it's just some sort of sinus thing. Which can more easily be ignored, unlike getting the flu or something. I have been really sick (think double eye infection), but luckily it was before the kids arrived and I could literally just lay on the couch and catch up on my shows, although with the double eye infection, it was horrible, but I also worked on my Masters Thesis, so I guess I wasn't totally lazy. I actually finished all of the research while only being able to see very little out of my eyes. For me, I tend to muscle through it. When evening rolls around, I know that it's only a few more hours until they go to bed. Right now Mini Fox still takes an evening nap, so basically from 5-7 she's sleeping. So I just have Baby Fox to worry about, and when I'm sick I admit it, I pop in a movie, cuddle him and try to relax. Dinners are usually some left overs or something super easy like spaghetti. By the time 7 rolls around Mr. is home and ready to help out.
 
For me, it's what Mr. and I like to call the electronic baby sitter. Sometimes you have to do what you gotta do, even if it's not what you wouldn't normally do. You just need to rest and get better and if that entails watching endless hours of Power Rangers with your kid, then so be it.
 
*I would like to put this out there, when I am sick, I still do everything that I need to do around the house, when Mr. is really sick, he becomes this huge baby and can't do anything...don't worry he knows he does this and we I make fun of him all the time. Anyone else's husband do this?
 
How do you survive those dreaded sick days with your children?  Check out the other mama's blogs for their tips.  And be sure to link up with us below if you also have a post on this topic. 

In the difficulty of motherhood, it's so important to find other mamas to relate to.  Toddlers can be a handful and leave you wondering what to do next.  This series is here to help you navigate through toddlerhood while being able to relate to other mamas going through the same thing.  We may not always know what we are doing but we give it our best shot anyway.  Come back each week to check out our new topic and read along with the other hosts of our One Year and Beyond series!
 


Oct 30:   Sick Day Tips
Nov 6:    How to Not Lose Your Patience with your Toddler
Nov 13:  Favorite Toddler Outings

5 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! I hope you all feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha! Yes, I think we all experience that with our husbands!
    I'm so sorry everyone is sick :( I hope everyone woke up this morning feeling 100% again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you guys get well soon! It's hard when our little ones are sick but much harder when mama's sick!! Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope everyone feels better soon!! and i love those nails -- so cute. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete