Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday: Momfessional Moment

It's another Show and Tell Tuesday with Andrea, today's topic - Momfessions (you know confessions we do as a mom), clever Andrea, Clever. I don't know if this word was out there before you coined it, but I'm going to go ahead and give you full credit. Here was go:



Snacks Time
My kids will not eat those stupid gold fish/cheddar bunny crackers. I just want them to eat some snack food that I can throw at them, when we are out and about and they're whining that they want food. I keep buying them, and they keep not eating them.

Dinner Time
While we're on the food subject I give them the same dinner over and over again because I know they like it, and most nights I don't have time to make them some elaborate dinner. So most nights they either get pasta or chicken nuggets and some frozen veggie.

Nap Time
Mini Fox really does need a morning nap and a late afternoon nap, but if I did that then they kids would be tag teaming me on the nap time. So I keep up Mini Fox, most days she gets super cranky, but I do it so that both kids will take a nap at the same time. On those days that I don't have to work, sometimes I'll keep them up super late, so that by the time they wake up Mr. is home from work.

Computer Time
Sometimes when I'm "cooking" dinner, I'll really be on the computer doing something else, and half the time I overcook/burn whatever it is I am cooking, oops!

Bath Time
I usually take a shower/bath at the same times as the kids, 1) because it kills two birds with one stone and I don't have to use the hour I have after they go to bed, taking a shower and 2)I'll take just a little longer so that Mr. has to dress Mini Fox, and I tell Baby Fox it's a race with Mini Fox to get dressed, so they run off to race to get dressed and then I have 2 minutes of peace to do my after shower routine.

Car Time
I don't like kid music, I always hear all these parents say we have Disney music on repeat in the car. So I've never EVER put it on in the car, they listen to what I listen to because I don't want to hear Let it Go on repeat.

TV Time
I would rather watch Tangled, Frozen, Little Mermaid on repeat then watch one minute of Power Rangers or Ninja Turtles. Any time Baby Fox wants to watch those things, I tell him he has to chose something that Mini Fox will like too and she doesn't like those shows, which is semi true. She has the attention span of about 2 minutes when watching those shows and about 10 minutes when watching a princess show.

School Time
I take a picture of Baby Fox's school work hang it up on a wall for a few days and then toss it. I feel like I should feel guilty, but no one has time for all that paperwork. My intention is to make a book with the artwork/school work, but who knows if that will actually happen.

I think that's all I have for you today. What are your "Momfessions"? Please tell me I'm not alone.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway! $400 to Nordstrom, what could be better?!

 Also linking up with Tuesday Talk and Mommy Moments

No comments:

Post a Comment