Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Hair Challenge 2016 - Week 1 + Link up

If you're new here, welcome! I hope you'll participate in my hair challenge at least one time, if not for a month, see how you like it. Last year I really wanted to concentrate on make-up. I was completely lost when it came to make-up, so I spend some serious time on Youtube and practiced a ton. I now actually enjoy putting make-up on for just a regular day, instead of reserving it for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and those very special holidays.

This year I want to focus on my hair, trying to figure out those soft curls people keep talking about, or just doing a messy bun that looks effortless, they keep telling me, "messy bun in 10 seconds" I'm more like, huh? What?! How is that possible?! Try more like 10 minutes...no make that 20 minutes. So this year is all about intentionally doing my hair more and maybe in the process I'll be able to show you how to do a "quick half up do in 5 seconds" haha, j/k, but you get my point.




Once I decided I was going to turn my One Week Hair Challenge into a full year, I was on board and even did my hair for Christmas. Go me!

So I still have to work on how the front of my hair looks. I have such a defined part that it's hard for it to want to stay together on top of my head, if that makes sense.


But at least the back looked pretty darn good.


I'll go ahead and pat myself on the back...hehe.


This is the tutorial that I sort of copied. Her's is fuller, how does she do that? I will figure that out! I'll keep you all posted.


I went back to work on Monday, I actually had to go into the office instead of sitting on my comfy couch, so I decided to try and do my hair. I had about 2 minutes before I had to leave to catch the vanpool and at 4:30am I just don't think you're thinking all that straight. I got to work, thinking my hair looked okay, then around 9am, I decided to get breakfast and take a photo...and boy did I get a surprise, it looked awful!


I immediately took it out, left it down and after breakfast I ran to the bathroom to try something else. This looked much better. Nope I don't wear any make-up to work. Actually I do, I wear concealer, powder and a hint of blush, so I don't look totally dead. Imagine what I would look like without those things, yikes! Maybe one day I'll do my make-up before work, my problem is that I have NO eyelashes, seriously, I put on mascara and you can't even tell I'm wearing it and then by hour 2 it's gone and then I just look like I've either been crying or been out all night, neither option is a good look. I love fake lashes, but don't think I could do those everyday. What do you all do?


For a first go, no brush, or hair products, I think it turned out pretty good. Now to just get thicker hair so those big spaces don't show up....hey it's the first week, hopefully I'll look back at this at the end of the year and just laugh.


Link up what you try and do, even if it's a fail, we'll all learn something in the process right? Like this weeks lesson, don't try and do your hair in 2 minutes at 4:30am. Doesn't have to be fancy...just something out of your usual style. Happy Wednesday!





Also linking up with Andrea and Let's Be Friends Blog Hop, Tucker UpOn Trend Tuesday, Cappuccino and FashionSydney Fashion HunterPampers and PearlsHappiness at Mid LifeThe Pleated Poppy, Shopping My Closet Let It ShineMore Pieces of Me,  Pumps and Push-UpsA Lovely Little Wardrobe, GraceLeanne and Lisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment